Jean’s KETO KITCHEN | Keto Coconut Shrimp
Jean’s KETO KITCHEN
Keto Coconut Shrimp
For the Batter:
• 1 cup almond flour
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
For the Breading:
• 1/2 cup almond flour
• 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 lb. shrimp
• 1-2 cups refined coconut oil for frying
For the Dipping Sauce:
• 1/4 cup mayo
• 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
• 1 heaping tablespoon Thai chili garlic sauce
• 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 teaspoon granular erythritol
For the Shrimp
1. Mix all the batter ingredients together in bowl.
2. Mix all the breading ingredients together in another bowl.
3. Peel and de-vein the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
4. Coat the shrimp in the batter, shake off any excess, and then coat the shrimp in the dry mixture shaking off any excess again.
5. Place the coated shrimp on a plate and repeat the same process for all of the remaining shrimp.
6. Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet to 360°F.
7. Once to temperature, carefully place the shrimp in the hot oil. Don’t put more than 8 shrimp in at a time as to not reduce temperature.
8. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes.
9. Transfer the shrimp to a paper towel lined plate to soak up any extra oil.
For the Dipping Sauce
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients up in a bowl.
2. Serve with shrimp.
Make sure your oil is the right temperature! If it is too hot, your shrimp will take on a grayish burnt look. If it is too cold, your shrimp won’t have that nice crisp and may become overcooked.