Jean’s KETO KITCHEN | Keto New England Clam Chowder
Jean’s KETO KITCHEN
Keto New England Clam Chowder
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Carb Count: 7.1 grams Net Carbs
• 6 bacon slices, chopped
• 2 celery ribs, diced
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth or stock
• 1 (8 oz.) bottle clam juice
• 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 2 oz. cream cheese
• 2 (6.5 oz.) cans chopped clams, undrained
• Salt to taste
1. In a large stock pot, cook bacon on medium heat until crisped.
2. Remove cooked bacon from pot, transfer to a paper towel, and set aside.
3. Add the celery, onion, and garlic to the stock pot.
4. Sauté veggies for about 5 minutes or until softened.
5. Add cream cheese to the pot and stir continuously to melt it.
6. Next, stir in chicken bone broth/stock, clam juice, pepper, and thyme.
7. Bring the soup mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
8. Gradually add in heavy cream.
9. Raise heat and bring soup to a boil once again, then reduce heat to low.
10. Stir in clams and season with salt to taste. Let simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
11. To serve, garnish with fresh thyme, cooked bacon pieces, and more pepper.